Sunday, November 9, 2008

Quick Run up the Twin Sisters

A few days ago I needed to get out so I decided to try out a trail down the road from us called the Twin Sisters. This trail has always stuck in my mind because I remember a my boss from many years ago (when I was an intern at Centro) telling me how hard it was. Anyhow, the trail is about 7 miles south of town. It climbs steeply for about 4 miles to the summit of one of the Twin Sisters.

The climb itself is a great condition/training climb. Steep! I think there are about 20 switchbacks. It starts out kind of boring through thick forest but eventually breaks into some sweet views.

Here is a view from about 2/3 of the way up looking down into the Estes valley.The upper section gave way to some pretty rocky trailThe views at the top were well worth it.Of course I had to get a summit shot. Unfortunately, without a tripod you end up with a lot of face! Here I am jamming to Band of Horses
All in all, it was a great workout. I think it took me 3 hours car to car.

No comments: