Monday, January 5, 2009

Mike and Amy, Day 2

Tuesday we slept in and started the day with a great meal at the Egg and I. Excellent coffee and omelets! Unfortunately, I had to do a little work so I ended up stuck in front of my computer for most of the day. This work stuff is for the birds! Mike and Amy spent some time wandering around Estes and then came back to the house. I think Amy was feeling the altitude a bit so she opted for a nap while Mike entertained himself on the Bachar ladder in the back yard.
DSCF9291

My conference call lasted a lot longer that I expected so by the time it was over we had very little daylight left. Plus it was pretty cold and windy. The gals opted to stay home while Mike and I ran off to Lily Lake with the hopes of sneaking in a climb or two.

By the time we arrived at the TH we only had about 1 hour of light left and the wind was ripping. So we opted for some scrambling/tennis shoe bouldering instead. Here are some shots from the hike.

Mike working the hard move down low. It is especially hard with cold hands and boots. Plus the hold in his left hand is a bit creaky so it feels like you are going to rip it off onto your face.
IMG_3077

Getting higher. You can see Lily Lake and the parking lot in the background.
IMG_3078

Mike working his chimney technique. This is always one of my favorite spots on the hike.
IMG_3080

We ended up by the sinkholes on top with the sun quickly setting. After a quick descent back to the car we went home and finished the evening watching movies in front of a roaring fire wile sipping on the prefect martini, both thanks to Mike.
DSCF9333

No comments: